Saturday 4 October 2014

Painting Log 4th October 2014

On the paint table at the moment are a large amount of TYW/ECW figures.  A lot of Artillery from the Freikorps 15mm range by QRF Models http://www.quickreactionforce.co.uk/ & various bits n bobs.  Over the past few months I've completed a Scots Covenanter Army & a French TYW Army, the French Army has a Cardinal Richelieu theme.  Using the DBR Army lists both of them weighed in at about 400 points.  I split them in half & they were then sold on EBAY.

In order to raise cash for new projects & other things (..my fantastic Carbon  Road Bike from Ribble Cycles...ooooo), I've started building & selling armies on EBAY.  It's my 2nd time around on EBAY, I sold a few about 4 years ago & to be fair, didn't get the money I was looking for.  I've now got a better idea on what I'm doing & have over the last few months sold about 20+ Armies.  HOWEVER I can't believe the FEES that EBAY & PAYPAL now charge, shocking really.  There doesn't appear to be any 'rival' sites on the net for selling Wargames stuff, if anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment.

My painting style has improved over the past 8 years (Yes it's been EIGHT years since we started gaming.... wow I feel old) & the newly painted armies are 'in the main' better than what we have. Hence the double size armies that are now built & painted.  At the end of the day painting is a nice stress buster.






I bought some nice figures from Donnington http://www.donnington-mins.co.uk/, especially from their older range.  Some little gems include camp fixtures, 'Crucified' & 'Impaled' victims, plus some nice extras for Artillery pieces.  Though I have discovered the 'cannonballs' can be created from that metal chain made from circular balls, usually found on the chain in sinks.  Guess what's happened to the kitchen/bathroom chains in the MrF household...... sad oh so sad.


I now add those snazzy Static grass tufts to the figure bases.  These were purchased from the great Warpainter on Ebay.  He also sells the 'FlockBox', it's a device that helps to make yours owns tufts (check out the web site for the science bit http://www.warpainter.net/Flockboxpages/Flockbox.html)
One now resides in the humble abode, anyway my first attempts were ok, improvements needed MrF...lol





No comments: